Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

Hola familia,

This was a really good week. It was my first baptism in a long time, Since San Pedro.  But the baptism was really good and she was ready to be a member of Christ’s church.  She has a really strong testimony.   Her name is Vilma.  She has a lot of support too so that will really help.  Her aunt and cousin are also members.  We had a multi-zone conference this week too.  It was really good.  The only bad part is that we had to travel to La Cieba in a bus but it was fun to see all the elders that I was with just 3 weeks ago.  But we learned a lot about attitude and how we need to be positive.  The mission didn´t do so well this last month.  I think that we finished under 100 baptisms.  But President Veirs got everyone excited to work hard this month and meet the new goals.  Our companionship goal this month is 4 baptisms and I know we´ll be able to do it.  We just need to focus and work a little harder.  We had 6 at church yesterday (3 of them always go but 2 are kids and the dad won’t let them get baptized and one is a 25 year old man that has some different ideas).  So we really only had 3 real current prospects.  One of them is a guy that I contacted on the way here from changes that has been reading the Book of Mormon and wanted to learn more about the church.  He´s a really cool guy.  Then we have family of 5 but the dad doesn’t want to get married right now.  He´s being dumb. We really need to focus on finding new investigators and receiving references from the members.  This will really help us find people that are ready to receive these ordinances.  So not much else really happened this week because of all of the traveling we did.  Right now, we’re in Tocoa because we came here for P-day to play some ball.  Elder Hernandez and Alonso are ZL´s here.  They’re really cool.  Elder Hernandez is from Clinton, and he wants to get to know Hailey. (He saw a picture of her and just told me to put that in. - ha-ha)  Well, it sounds like this week was really cool and eventful for you guys too, especially with the meetings with Elder Ballard and Elder Rasband. That would be really cool. I got to see Elder Ballard in the MTC.  Good job on the new calling as stake young women’s second counselor Mom.  You’re going to do a great job.  KK-  that´s crazy about the earthquake and the hurricane.  I did hear about it.  Everyone was telling me about it.  But I’m glad everything is good now.  LENNA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The terrible 2´s.  I hope you’re ready, Erika.

Well, thanks for all that you do.
I Love You All!!!
Con Amor
Elder Kapple

No comments: