Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011






Taking down the tree house


Driving Lee's boat




Hola familia,

How among you (haha -  Utila speaks their own kind of English) I hope that everything is going well and that you had a great time in Colter Bay without me.  It sounded like you all did even though it was only the 4 of you this year.  I was pretty jealous that you guys were there.  That is definitely my favorite trip! 
Well, this week was alright.  We're still having problems with some of the investigators. Familia Murillo didn't go to church nor did Hermana Helen and those are the 2 people that we have baptism dates for.  It was fustrating that Helen didn't go because we were there the night before and she said she was going to go but she didn't. We need to go and stop by today to find out why.  But we do have a really cool guy right now that we're teaching. His name is Isaac. I think that I have already talked about him.  But he really wants to get baptized and does all of the things that we ask him to.  But he still needs to get married. That's one of the big problems here is that a lot of people come just to work here on the
island. So their familia is still on the coast, and so we can't get themmarried very easily.  But we did find a really cool lady this week.  Her name is Ardys. We were putting out invitations to our classes and we started talking to her and she said that she had talked to missionaries before so we told her we'd come back the next day.  She first helped us with some stuff for our English class because we have no idea how to teach English and then we got to talking a little bit about the gospel and she said that she has
read the Book of Mormon and that she knows it's true so we challenged her to get baptized and she accepted. The problem is that she didn't go to church but she is someone that understands all of these things so she will be a great strentgh to the branch when she gets baptized.  Our classes this week went well. We had 9 in the English classes and 6 in the Spanish one.  But all the ones that came to the Spanish class all smelled like they had smoked right before they came in - haha.  I hope we can get a lot more to get coming because it will be a great way to get to know people. 

Today we had fun destroying a tree house.  Our neighbor asked us to take it down so we spent a few hours doing that.  It was fun but I got really tired.  I need to do some more physical work here.  All of my calluses are gone so I have a bunch of blisters now. 

The birthday was good.  I ended up having 4 cakes and 2 of the people didn't even know it was my birthday; they just had cooked a cake that day -  haha.  We ate so much though.  Maria and Dilia and all of their familia made a cake and we went over there for dinner.  I never thought that I would eat beans, eggs and bread for my birthday dinner but don't worry - I loved it - haha. Well, thanks for everything
I Love You All!!!

No comments: