WOW - so this week has been pretty crazy. I went from far away to even farther away! - haha. I am now in the city of Trujillo. It is the area farthest away from the headquarters of San Pedro Sula in the mission. It’s right on a big bay. It’s where Christopher Columbus landed and there is an old naval base here. The area is huge. The closest missionaries to us are 2 hours away. But I like the area so far. One race of people living in Trujillo are Garifuna. (They are the descendants of African slaves and island people). They are a darker race than the main Honduran people. They speak a different language but they also all speak Spanish. I took the place of Elder Berrett who was with me in the MTC. It’s kind of a civilized area. All the main streets are paved but all of the side streets are dirt. But there are only like 2 main streets - haha.
My comp is pretty cool. He’s just a little guy from El Salvador. His name is Elder Ortiz. He has one change less then me. We get along well. He comes from a big family and he’s the first missionary in his famly. He really likes to play soccer and he was in a band at home. He knows a lot because he served a mini mission before his mission here. He served it in El Salvador for 6 months.
Well this week has been long because of all the traveling that we have been doing. Plus, when we were on our way to San Pedro Sula there was a big protest in the street and they blocked the entire road so we had to walk with all of our suit cases and everything for like 2 or 3 miles. It was not fun. Then I got right back on the same bus that night to come back down to Colon. Then the next day when Elder Ortiz and I were going to Trujillo, another protest was going on but it was little so we just had to walk 1/4 of a mile this time. But we finally did make it to our apartment.
The area is cool and there are some good investigators right now. We have a baptism planned for this saturday, and we should have some more this month. The dedication of the El Salvador Temple is this Sunday and investigators aren’t allowed so that isn’t going to help. Sorry Mom - no pictures of the house this week and I don’t know if you want to see it anyway. The house is probably the only let down to this area. It’s kind of gross and there is no running water so that makes it inconvenient, but other than that, I like the area. Today we went down to an area called Santa Fe. It’s part of our area. We heard that the beaches are really pretty so we went there and just walked around on the beach.
I love you all!!! Thanks for everything.
Con Amor
Elder Kapple
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment