Hello everbody!
How is it going? Things are good here and we had a baptism on Saturday. Her name is Rhut. I think she’s about 16. I had to give the talk at the baptism and it was scary because it´s hard to do that in Spanish. I think I talk about it more in my recordings attached to the e-mail. It has been pretty hot this week. Well, at least for me it has. Everyone that lives here is freezing and I’m dying of heat. It didn´t rain too much this week so it hasn’t been as muddy. It makes it a lot easier. Dad, I couldn’t see our house on your Google Earth picture but that is our area. We also have the area across the bridge. That river that the bridge goes over is gross. There is so much garbage down there and it is really low during this time of year I guess. I don’t know about the Mayan ruins that Dad saw on Google Earth that are nearby. I couldn’t see them on the picture and I haven’t heard about them. I’ll have to ask. That must have been really cool to see the Ogden High auditorium being renovated. That’s awesome Lenna got to sleep over. Does she still give my picture loves? I’m able to receive pictures from you guys on my email. I think Kayli asked that. That is awesome you got to go to the Duke game and your pictures were awesome, especially your one from Halloween. That’s really cool about Dean and Rachael. So for your questions...: I did give Fernando a ring and his brother (he was baptised the week before I got here). The boots are keeping my feet dry but it is impossible to keep my boots and shoes clean. I haven’t used my debit card yet. We get 3,400 Lempira’s a month. It´s like $180 dollars. I think the ratio is 18.9 to 1. I’ll probably have to pull some money out at the end of this week. So, more about my companion, Elder Galän. He just turned 23 and is from Ecuador. He has an older brother on a mission and a younger one at home. I think his dad might have died but I can’t remember if he said that. He knows his scriptures so well. It´s crazy. Erika, I do feel safe. I haven’t seen a Honduran that is half my size yet so that probably helps a little. Elder Galan said at night the place by the river is dangerous so we’re not supposed to go there. But yes, it´s fine. The people are super nice. We have a multi-zone activity tomorrow in San Pedro for Christmas. We’re doing a skit about the Grinch. We have another baptism date for this coming Sunday. Her name is Blanca. She is around 60 I think. I talk about her on the tape.
OK, I think I have dearelder.com figured out. Lizzy said you have to have them in by Sunday night and they mail them on Monday or Tuesday. We get mail on Tuesdays when we have zone meeting so I’m guessing if you turn it in Sunday, it will get to me by the next Tuesday - so like a week. But that’s just a guess.
Well, I hope all is good back in good old Utah. Thanks for everything. You’re all awesome.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment