Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, December 6, 2010

Pineda- First Area

Hola,

How is everyone?  This key board is in Spanish so if I spell anything wrong or mess up I’ll blame it on that.  It´s really not that different - just a little.  Thanks for your emails.  Things are pretty crazy here.   I talked about all that went on in the recording but I’ll write a little.  My comp. is Elder Galán.  He´s from Ecuador.  He doesn´t speak English so it is super hard to communicate but it will make me learn faster.  It has rained every day.  I guess December is part of the rainy season and so all the roads in the area I’m in are mud, it’s crazy.  I wear my boots every day and have to wash my pants every night because there is  always a bunch of mud on them.  I did my first baptism but I’m pretty sure the only reason he picked me is because I play with him and his brother during the lesson and I’m the big  American.  His name in Fernando and he about 10 years old.  I don’t understand a single word he says except for Kapple. Mom, for all your questions:  I received my package but I didn´t open it.  I thought I better save it for Christmas.  My area is called La Lima but that´s not the actual city I’m in.  Our city is called Pineda.   It´s just like 5 minutes down the road.  We do have a cook.  She makes us lunch every day.   I haven´t eaten anything to crazy yet; just a lot of beans,  tortillas and meat.  It´s not so bad although  lunch today was a little weird.   It was a soup thing with  some chicken and a hardboiled egg.  We also have a lady who washes our clothes so that’s really nice too.  People speak so differently here.  It´s so fast and they mumble and I can’t understand any of it.  It is really frustrating but it will come.  I don´t know where Elder Hafen went but it was like 3 hours away from San Pedro Sula.  I haven’t gotten sick yet so no worries there. 
I love you all!






No comments: