Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26th, 2012

What’s up family?  How is it going?
Man - do the weeks just keep on getting faster and faster.  It really just felt like yesterday that I was writing to all of you.  With these extra responsibilities, it really makes the time fly but I am really enjoying it.  This week was a good one and we finished it with 2 baptisms.  They were good baptisms but we really need to keep teaching them so they stay active and we need to keep focusing on families.  The baptisms were 2 girls, which is great too, but the wards here do need more priesthood.  That has been one of our focuses here in Villanueva for Elder Johnson and me.  If we see a family in the street we always talk to them.  Sometimes Elder Johnson makes us chase them down - haha.  Now we just need to get some of them baptized.  We did have 2 in church on Sunday and in total we had 11 investigators.  We could of had even more and Elder Johnson and I learned a great lesson from our experience.  We went to go pass by a family’s house Sunday morning to remind them about church and being the jokesters that Elder Johnson and I are we were just jokeing around with them and we said something that apparently offended them, mostly me. The dad’s mom is a member so she told us that they got a little offended and that is why they didn't come.  So right after lunch we went to their house and apologized for what had happened so now everything is good but man I felt bad - I was about crying over it.  It looks like as a zone we’re going to be finishing with about 23 baptisms with 4 families; it's not bad but we can do a lot better and plus they just opened up another area so we have 10 companionships.  The missionaries seem to not be working at their full potential, and I know I can always get better too but I know that these missionaries can do better.  So now we’re going to be doing divisions 2 times a week with them.  We started this last week so Elder Johnson and I aren't going to be together in our area very much but it will help the other missionaries.  Divisions are always fun and you can always learn a lot from the other missionaries.  We have had some great experiences with one family that was going to go to church.  She is already a member but inactive.  Every time we go there, the kids get so happy and they have the cutest little family.  We have only taught them a few things but the Spirit has definitely always been there.  I know that the rest of the family will all get baptized.

Well, I hope all is well with you.  Keep these investigators in your prayers so that they progress.  Thanks for all that you do for me.  I Miss and Love You All!!!
Con Amor
Elder Kapple

No comments: