Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 12, 2012



Well, hello my beloved family and friends - haha.
How are you all doing? Things are great here in...................San Pedro Sula, haha -  yep that's right I got changed to the San Pedro area again  - well, not in Centro, we’re more like an hour or so away in Zona Villanueva.  My comp is awesome.  His name is Elder Johnson.  He is from California and we are the same height, so we pretty much own this place - haha.  We have about the same time out in the mission; he just has one more change than me, and we are the Zone Leaders here.  We get along really well.  There are 3 districts with 18 missionaries in total.  Being a ZL is fun but super tiring.  I don’t think we have gone to bed before 11:30 in my time here.  There is always something to do, but it is fun and I am really enjoying it.  This week was good though.  On Monday and Tuesday I said goodbye to everyone in Florida.  It was really a hard area but I feel like we did a lot of good work there.  I will miss it but Elder Johnson and I both served there so we have some good stories about it.  I really did learn a lot there and really strengthened my testimony.  I’ll miss it but I guess it was my time to leave.  Changes were good and I was really excited when I heard that Elder Johnson was going to be my comp.  We work really well together.  I feel like we’re going to have a lot of fun and try to do some great things here in Villanueva.  This week we really worked hard -  well, for 4 days anyway here in the area and we were able to find 3 families.  We’re really trying to focus on families here.  We have some great possibilities coming too.  We should have one this weekend and at least one the next.  The members are really great here also and I already feel at home - minus the part that I’m still lost - haha.  That’s the hardest part about entering a new area is learning it.  And this one is really going to be hard.  Our area is pretty much a mountain, so I have a feeling that I’m going to lose a lot more weight.  This week will be a busy one but will be really fun and spiritually uplifting also.  We’re going to have a chance to visit with Elder Martino, a counselor of the Central American Area Presidency and a member of the Second Quorum of Seventy.  We have a multi zone this Wednesday and on Thursday we have a ZL meeting with him so I’m really excited for it.  Well, sorry this is kind of short.  We have a lot of things to do on the computer today so we have to do it right now.
I Miss and Love You All
Elder Kapple

No comments: