Hola,
Things were pretty good this week along with some bad things too but overall a good week. We had 2 more baptisms this week so that was really good. I didn´t have my camera because one of the members has it right now who went to see his family. He is a great help to us so I let him use it. But it was hermana Mariana and her son Juan Carlos that got baptized. It was the really weird yet a really cool baptism. We have been teaching her since I have been here and she finally did it. She was more than ready and the reason because it was weird is because her son can’t walk and can only use one arm and he isn´t the smallest guy. He can´t talk but can understand everything. He can make sounds and do sign language with one of his hands so his mom can understand him. I baptized him and a member baptized Mariana. But with him we had 2 people in the font and we put a chair in there for him to sit on. It was funny because he had his nose plugged the entire time so I just put my hand on his chest and said the prayer. Then we pulled the seat out from underneath him to baptize him. It was pretty cool though. Then we have so many possibilities for this month. We have already got 5 fetchas (dates) this month and we have more that we will still baptize. I talk about them in the recordings. So this Sunday we had a super baptism with the entire zone and baptized like 20 people. We didn´t do our baptisms there because Juan Carlos can´t walk. But it was pretty cool and we were the zona celestail ( the celestial zone) for this month and the new thing is that zona celestail gets to eat with Hermana and Presidente Veirs. I don´t know when but we get to play soccer with the office today, like the assistants and the secretaries. We ended with something like 33 baptisms in our Zone.
So about my new comp. He´s a nice guy and is just really chill and easy to get along with. His name is Elder Ruano. He is from Guatemala and speaks less English than Elder Galán and speaks with a really different dialect, but that’s fine. It will help me. He only has 2 more changes (3 months) so I´ll be with him for this change and then I’ll get changed to somewhere else. He has 9 brothers and sisters. He is the 5th and the first to serve a mission. Mom, we changed the beds so there’s not bunk beds anymore - ha-ha. I get a lot of personal study time with him because he really likes to sleep - ha-ha. So I might have to talk to him about that one. But he is a really nice elder. Mom - about the pictures. That is our bishop. He´s a really cool guy and helps us a lot, and yes I really ate the fish. I have eaten a lot of things that I never would have before. Dad, I don’t know how many miles I walk a day, plus it depends on the day. Like if we go to the other side of the bridge it´s a lot more. It sounded like skiing was really good with all the powder and you finally got some snow. Dad, I bet your pretty relieved that conference is over. Erika, tell Andrew thanks for the sports update. All they talk about is soccer down here –ha-ha. And thanks for the pictures. Lenna looks really cute. KK - for the missionary work; you can really help the missionaries by giving them references. That’s something that President Veirs has had us focus on. I need to do a lot better at it but 2 of the baptisms we have for this coming month have been from referrals.
Oh and Dad, I can print things from the e-mails so no worries.
Sorry there aren´t any pictures. I’ll send some next week. We had to go to a different place to use internet today and it´s really slow here but next time I’ll use Elder Ruano’s camera to send you pictures of the baptism.
I hope all is good back at home.
I love you all!!!
Con Amor
Elder Kapple
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment