Our Bishop and his family
Climbing fruit trees
HolaHow is everyone doing? It sounds like you are all just doing great. But things are good here. Nothing super exciting happened this week. We set a fecha (baptism date) with hermana Margarita. We’re planning for this Saturday and I think she will; she´s someone that thinks she might need a little more time so we´ll see what happens. She lives a pretty hard life. She has 3 boys, one of them we’re going to try to baptize but he never wants to go to church (13 years old). Then 2 older boys. They both have wives (really girlfriends) everyone says they’re husband and wife but very few really are. One is only 17 and his girlfriend is 13 or 14 - kind of weird. Then we’re going to try to have a wedding on the 14th. A perfect day for a wedding, right? But it is kind of hard to plan ( I talk more about it in the recordings ). All of the investegators that we have are still really slow to progress but we never really search for more. Elder Galán really likes to focus harder on the ones we have which I understand but at the same time maybe they’re not ready. He only has 2 more weeks. Changes are the 23rd of February - so pretty quick. We have family night with 2 members tonight. Family night is really big here and I love it. You guys need to do family night every week, OK? OK, and I´m going to make brownies. There aren’t any brownies here so I´m going to make them. It´s something I really miss. Then earlier today we cut fruit from a tree. It was probably one the scariest things that has ever happened to me but I´m still alive. I talk about it in the recording.
Mom and Dad - I´m glad you guys are finally going skiing a little more to pay for your pass. Mom - don´t you worry about my health. I´m doing just great. Also Mom, I’m glad you’re concerned about me but really, my shoes should be the last of your concerns. They have shoe stores here and my shoes right now are in perfect shape, but I really am blessed to have a mom that watches out for me this close. That is terrible about Garn Ford passing away; he was pretty much a Joven ( teenager ). I bet that’s hard on a lot of the family but like you said Dad, that´s why we have the Gospel. Dad - those are some good subjects that you’re going to speak on in stake conference. Read the talk that Elder Scott gave in this past conference about faith. I only have my Spanish copy right now but the title is “The Power to Transform Faith and Character” but it´s really good. However, I haven´t even finished it all yet. Then for the Book of Mormon; when Elder Christofferson spoke to us he said that a testimony of the Book of Mormon = baptism, and when we have a testimony of the Book of Mormon we know Joseph Smith was a prophet, we have the authority of God on the earth today and Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And that´s why the Book of Mormon is so important.
Dad, just have them put me in the hall of fame too along with grandpa on Friday night when they induct him into the Ogden High hall of fame.
Mom, for your next package, send food that´s easy to cook. All the stuff you said sounded really good.
Erika you pretty much lived my fantasy this week - made the TOP 10 and gave "Rocks" to D-Will. Thats really cool. and sorry Lenna that is sick- thats really sad but i´m glad she´s doing better.
KK are you going to come to Honduras too. I´ll still be in Pineda when you come which is right by the airport. Lizzy is going to Costa Rica also but she´s going during the summer.
Well, it was good to hear from all of you (yes - you too Dad thanks for emailing on time this week)
Thanks for everything - I Love You All!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment