Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 4th, 2012

Well, hello everyone.
How are you all doing? Things have been going just great here in good old Honduras. It's kind of hard to think about what to write because we do a lot of the same stuff each week.  Elder De Leon and I don't have our own area so we will be able to focus more on doing divisions with other missionaries. The secretaries will be talking over our area so we have been showing them where all the members live.  The ward is really cool and I enjoy it.  We have a good relationship with the members because that's the only way you can work in this area is with them helping.  In other areas, there are always people walking in the streets and stuff but here it is not so much like that.  Also, this week we had a zone leader council.  It was really good.  We set some goals to get more people to church because they can't progress unless they go to church.  We talked a lot about how the baptisms in each area have always gone up and down.  Some months they baptize a lot and other months not so much so we talked about consistency.  I talked about how we can reach our goals and be better leaders to help the missionaries reach their goals and keep them excited about the work.  I talked a lot about Nephi and how they had a goal to go back to get the plates of brass.  We talked about the attitude that we have to have to keep goals - 1 Nephi 3 7: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."  Although they didn't meet their goal the first time, Nephi had the faith and determination to still do it: 15 But behold I said unto them that:  "As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us."   We have to make sacrifices to complete our goals also, just like Nephi did:16 "Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; therefore let us go down to the land of our father’s inheritance, for behold he left gold and silver, and all manner of riches. And all this he hath done because of the commandments of the Lord."  There were a few more thing that we talked about but that was the short version.  It was good though, but I really just don't like talking in front of peole all that much but I'm learning to love it.

Today we also had a baptism for Policarpo.  He's an older man but has a very strong desire to follow Christ.  We really aren't with him all that much because of our schedule but he has really shown that he wants to follow Christ through his actions.  He went to church for a long time all by himself when usually as missionaries we have to pass by reminding people about church and stuff.  He always is reading the Book of Mormon and the little books that we give him, even though it is very difficult for him to read.  But it was awesome watching him enter the waters of baptism today.  He's a great guy.
Well everyone, I think that is it for this week.  Thanks for all you do.  I Miss and Love you All!!!!
Elder Kapple


No comments: