Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6, 2011




Hola
How are all of you guys?  It sounds like you’re all doing well and just getting ready for summer and everything. I’ll start by answering all of the questions first. Dad, I don't know if I’ll sup (be senior comp.) when Elder Harris leaves in 4 weeks. It could be either way. They could send someone else out like Elder Harris who is going to finish quick or someone younger.  I haven't finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish yet but my goal is to finish it this month.  I'm in 3rd Nephi right now, so not too much more. Thanks for those pictures Dad. I'm in the Colon Zone picture because I missed the one for La Ceiba-  haha.  We’re not allowed to go down to the Cays (little islands off the coast of Utila) because you have to go in a boat so we can't do that. But Elder Harris’ familia is going to come here to pick him up so they'll be here that last Sunday.  So I think he's going to ask President Veirs if we can go on a tour around the island with his familia. - haha.  That Jade Shore place that you sent fotos of is right at the bottom of the street that we live on but it's not a good place. Every night we walk by and they always have weird music, and drinking and what appears to be some bad stuff going on.  But it does have a lot of cool design things made of sea shells etc. Mom, I’ll take some pictures for you of our house but I’ll just warn you now that this house is a lot different from the one in Canstanos. We have a nice cockroach collection going on right now - haha.

Well this week was a pretty long one and pretty short at the same time. We had the opportunity to listen to Elder Clarke this week at zone conferences.  It was really good and we learned a lot. I talk about it in the recordings but I’ll say a little about it here.  He is a really direct guy and just tells the plain truth. He talked a lot about the power we have as missionaries.  And he really focused on not just having baptisms but having converts and how we can get better at helping the people that we baptize true converts.  He did really a great job and speaks Spanish really well.  He finishes serving as area President in July so he won’t be coming to talk here anymore and I'm pretty sure he just got put into the First Quorum of Seventy.  So that was on Wednesday and right after that Elder Harris and I had to take a bus with the A.P's up to San Pedro because I received  my residence thing for Honduras and we had to stay the night up there.  Then we got back to the island Thursday night.  So this week we did some traveling.

This Sunday was a lot different from what I have ever seen. We had a total of 15 people come to church  I know - it's a lot haha.  Some of the members here are more like investigators.  We never know for sure if they’re going to come or not.  But it ended up being a really good fast and testimony meeting and 10 of the 15 gave their testimony's.  We have to do a lot more work with the members out here.  Also, our man Clevland is finally progressing.  He only smoked 2 ciguretes on Saturday and none yesterday.  He is so determined to stop smoking and I know he'll do it.  It has been really hard on him but he'll be able to do it.
But yes, this week was different with all of the traveling and stuff - haha.
Thanks for all of the emails and all of the love and support you guys give me.  It really means a lot.
Cuidense
Con Amor
Elder Kapple

No comments: