Picture of a tarantula we killed in our house
This last week was pretty good. However, our friend Minor ended up not coming to church and we did find out some bad news. He's going to be going to the states but he's not going to go right way. He said he leaves in 2 weeks so it wouldn't be enough time to get him baptized. We had a super good lesson with him too. We taught lesson one with him and the spirit was really strong during the Joseph Smith part and he said he wanted to know if it's true and that he'll pray and everything. We still have another appointment with him this week all we'll find out if he's still planning on leaving. We'll have to give him a Book of Mormon so he can have that and hopefully more missionaries will find him. Maybe Eric or Parker could teach him in Texas -haha. We still have a lot of the same investigators but none of them want to go to church so I think we'll have to drop them pretty quick here. I think a lot of it has to do with some of the rumors that are on the island about the Mormons. This Sunday was really good though. For the first time since I've been here we had someone else bless the sacrament. It was cool. He's our cook’s husband. He goes to church every other week but he usually doesn’t come in a white shirt and tie. So we told him to come this week with his white shirt and tie. He did a good job. Then we also gave Clevland a calling this week - haha, he is the greeter for when people show up at church. It was cool. Sunday morning we went around to make sure people were coming to church so we showed up at the church at like 8:35 and it starts at 9:00 and Clevland was already there waiting. I think this is really going to help him quit smoking. Because he doesn't always go church but this is kind of going to make him go. I know he can quit smoking he just has to do it.
Also - I forgot to tell you guys about the activity that we had. We did an iron rod activity with the branch this week. It was really good. It's the same one that we did at Sons of Heleman with a rope and blind folds. It turned out really good and a lot of people showed up. It was kind of a lot of work though because we had to buy everything for it. It was cool - we did it right on the beach in a grove of trees. I think there was only one person that made it all of the way without letting go of the iron rod once - haha. We put stickers on all of the ones that let go of the rod on the way. It was kind of funny though because there were some ladies there that aren't that active that were really lost during the activity. But hopefully they learned a good lesson. I’ll send more pics of it next week. Well, it sounds like you guys had a fun week and are keeping KK entertained. There were some medical students here on Utila this week. Two of them came to church. Tell Todd to do a medical thing down here - haha. Mom, I haven't gotten my package yet but the zl's told us that they have it at their house with a bunch of letters so don't worry. I’ll get them next week because Elder Harris will be leaving so I’ll be staying in La Ceiba for a few days. Well, I hope that everything is going good and that you guys have a good week. Thanks for everything
Also - I forgot to tell you guys about the activity that we had. We did an iron rod activity with the branch this week. It was really good. It's the same one that we did at Sons of Heleman with a rope and blind folds. It turned out really good and a lot of people showed up. It was kind of a lot of work though because we had to buy everything for it. It was cool - we did it right on the beach in a grove of trees. I think there was only one person that made it all of the way without letting go of the iron rod once - haha. We put stickers on all of the ones that let go of the rod on the way. It was kind of funny though because there were some ladies there that aren't that active that were really lost during the activity. But hopefully they learned a good lesson. I’ll send more pics of it next week. Well, it sounds like you guys had a fun week and are keeping KK entertained. There were some medical students here on Utila this week. Two of them came to church. Tell Todd to do a medical thing down here - haha. Mom, I haven't gotten my package yet but the zl's told us that they have it at their house with a bunch of letters so don't worry. I’ll get them next week because Elder Harris will be leaving so I’ll be staying in La Ceiba for a few days. Well, I hope that everything is going good and that you guys have a good week. Thanks for everything
I Love you all!!!
Cuidense
Elder Kapple
No comments:
Post a Comment