Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 9, 2011

Hola como estan,

FIRST OFF... I LOVE YOU MOM!  YOU’RE THE BEST!  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

It was good to talk to all of you yesterday but it´s really weird too.  It´s just like we talk and then we say goodbye for 7 months, kind of weird, huh?   I answered a lot of questions yesterday so this e-mail will be a little bit shorter than usual.  But this week was pretty good, but we still don´t have too many inverstigators and nobody likes to go to church.  We had one go but it´s the same guy that goes every week.  He´ll get baptized but it will be in his own time.  When we go to teach him he always just talks and talks and talks.  He´s a really nice guy but just a little bit different. We did find some good possibilities this week and have to go and visit them this week.  This area gets pretty frustrating but we just have to work through it.  We have all of these people that we’re teaching and they say they´ll go to church and they´ll read but then when Sunday comes around nobody makes it to church.  I really don´t even remember very well what all happened this week.  But we did have some funny lessons the other day.  We had a Mother’s day activity this week and an investigator went and her husband (boyfriend) came too.  So we went back the other day and taught about the law of chastity and challenged them to get married.  The boyfriend then went off about all of these problems that they have and we just pretty much became marriage counselors.  Then we went to another guy that we contacted who is a serious Catholic and has served a few missions for them.  He ended up being a big drinker and his wife has problems with the kids so we became marriage counselors to them too.  It was kind of funny because I´m 19, my comp is 20, and these older couples are asking us for all of this marriage advice, - so we just talked about the gospel and stuff.

So sorry this is short but ya, oh well.
Just to finish. Mom, you’re the best and I love you.  I´m so blessed to have you as my mom.  You mean the world to me.
Some scriptures about mom/women haha. There’s not too many but see Proverbs 31 (the chapter) and of course Alma 56:47.
I Love you all!!!

Con Amor, Cuidense
Elder Kapple

No comments: