Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

Hola,
The BIG 50 Dad. You are an old man - haha. But it sounded like you guys had fun for the big birthday this past week and you´ll get to celebrate again this week for Mom’s. Mom, you’re not too far behind Dad - just 1 year and a few days- haha.  Thanks for all the updates about Japan and all that stuff.  I didn´t think Kel left until today but I´m glad that he is safe and all is good over there.  I heard too that there were warnings in Central America but I´m on the other side of the country so I don´t have too much to worry about here.  Just the heat.  It´s getting pretty bad.  That´s amazing that all the missionaries are safe.  Someone said that like 10,000 people have died.  It sounds like it´s starting to warm up in Ogden.  Mom, I like that you said you were excited to do yard work. I laughed at that.

Last week was pretty good.  We ended up having 2 baptisms; Yorleny and Jr. - Yorleny is 14 and Jr. is 13.  Yorleny lives with members but they’re not her parents but they might as well be.  They’re pretty funny.  The dad is trying to learn English and so he always talks to me in English.  He just sounds really funny but I’m sure that´s how I sound.  But they’re pretty inactive so hopfully this will help them go back to church with Yorleny being baptised.  Then Jr. is the son of Hermana Mararita.  She is really cool and has really changed.  Her other 2 kids aren´t going to get baptized but she has Jr. now.  They read and pray everynight together so that´s really cool.  Then yesterday we had 8 investigators at church but we had only directly invited 2 of them.  So we need to visit all of them today and tomorrow.  I think quite a few of them could be baptisms pretty quick. Then there was another death in the ward; well, there was actually 2.  Somebody dies here every week.  The mom of Mariana died of old age. - Mariana is who we baptized 2 weeks ago.  Then one of our investigators died, although he wasn’t progressing.  His mom’s a member. boyfriend died but this could be a good thing because they were living in fornication and this might help her son want to change because the dad wasn´t a very good example.
But that´s what is happening here.  I think we will have 3 baptisms this week also so we’re pretty excited about that.
Thanks for everything
I Love You All!!!
Con Amor
Elder Kapple

No comments: