Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 7th, 2012


Que Pedo Familia? ( haha Honduran slang, don’t use it)
How is everything going? Things have been well here in Villanueva and it seems like we’re picking it up a little bit.  We don't have a lot of solid baptismal dates set but we have a lot of investigators progressing.  We had 17 investigators at church on Sunday.  Many of them were great families.  We have 3 families progressing but the parents all need to get married.  So this week we really have to focus on the people that we have progressing.  This week I really learned a lot.  On Tuesday I had the opportunity to work with Elder Jones, our A.P.  They came out and did divisions with us and I worked with him in our area.  I really learned so much and he made me just want to be better; I can't really explain it.  It's not that we had the best appointments with the best investigators but just the way he worked he taught me a lot.  He's a missionary that I really look up to.  He went to Alta High.  One thing that we have really started to focus on is working with the members and focusing on them to help us in the work.  They really are the key.  When Elder Martino came he gave us the statistic that 1 out of every 1000 people get baptized off of street contacting; it might be a little higher here in Central America, and that every 3 out of 4 people that are references and receive the mission lessons with the support of members and friends, are baptized.  So that is what we have been trying to focus on in the mission.  We need to get to know the members better here though.  We know all the super good active members but they always give us references when they have them but most of the time the less active members have great friends but the members are too afraid to share the gospel or don’t think about sharing it.  This week we received a reference of a cool guy about 20 years old from a family.  Last night we had our first appointment with him and he was talking about serving a mission already but we first better talk to him about baptism.  So I want to do a challenge for all of you this week.  Everyone think of a family that could use this gospel in their life. If you can't think of one, think of a family that just had something big happen in their life, like a new baby, a death in the family or if they just moved or have a family member a little wild haha.  Then invite the missionaries over and tell them about them and introduce them.  Next week you have to tell me who they are. (this applies to everyone).
Well, thanks for all of the love and support and for all that you do.  Sorry - no pictures this week.  I left the cable at home.
Thanks for everything. I Miss and Love You All!!!!!!!
Elder Kapple

No comments: