Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 23rd, 2012

What’s up Family?
How is it going? It sounds like everyone is just doing great. ERIKA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I hope you had a good birthday; 27 is getting up there.  This week was alright.  We had 3 at church.  One of them is a guy that we invited to church on the street and he ended up coming. He lives super far away and leaves to the states next week.  Another investigator came and he says that he knows the church is true church but he has a drug problem to overcome still.  I have never taught him before but we just stopped by and invited him and he came.  We´ll start working with him to see if we can get him to progress and help him out a little bit.  Another investigator came too.  He buys lottery tickets.  He has about 30,000 limps put in to one number and his number hasn´t been played for a very long time so he says he is just waiting to win.  He won’t win all of his money back but he said he´ll win about half.  He´s not really willing to leave it right now.  President Viers said that he can still be baptized but José doesn´t feel too good about that yet. So we´ll see what happens there.  We’re also teaching his daughter Riena who has 2 kids that are members.  One lives with her who is inactive and the other lives in New York and is preparing for a mission.  Riena wants to be baptized.  We also found a pretty cool family this week.  La Familia Lopez, but we just call them the “brick” famly because they make bricks for a living.  It´s a big family business and around 4 families live there.  The problem is that we have only taught the wives so far, so we need to start teaching the hombres of this familia.  They’re great because they keep the commitments they make to us.  They always read what we ask them to.  They didn´t go to church this Sunday because they had to run someone to the hospital.  So right now we don´t really have any baptisms coming up for this next week but we’re working with a lot of people.  We just need to keep on working hard and I know that this branch will change.  Last night we had an appointment with Kady (Nancy’s sister) and it was really good and a great testimony builder.  She really has a desire to learn and was really wondering how to get a testimony.  Her mom is super evangelica and it was cool because Kady was defending our church and the gospel.  It was just a cool experience for us.  The bad part is that Kady goes back to Tegucigalpa this week so I’m praying that she´ll go to the church there.  Right now I´m reading the New Testament and I’m in John.  My goal is to finish it this next change.  But I had never read the New Testament completely before and I have really learned a lot from it so far.  It is really helping and really just supports all of our doctrine so well.
Sorry  - this week’s e-mail is kind of short but I’m doing well here.  We just have a lot of work to do here in Florida.
I Miss and Love You All!!!
Elder Kapple

No comments: