Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October 31st, 2011

Hola mi amorosa familia  - haha,
It sounds like everyone is just doing great and had a good week with stake conference. We have Branch Conference this weekend here in Colon. I hope you all have a fun Halloween today too. They don’t do anything for Halloween here but yes, I will be dressing up as a missionary and we will be going out to trick or treat; but we just do our trick or treating a little bit differently - haha.  I hope you all had fun at the yearly Halloween party at JeNae’s and celebrating grandma’s birthday too.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA, I LOVE YOU.  Well, this week was a really good one. We ended up having our 2 weddings and 9 baptisms.  La familila Mejia (4) L familia Marcia (3) Julio and Audelina.  So that’s what we focused most of our time on this week - getting these weddings and baptisms all planned.  It is not the easiest thing to do to get people married here in Honduras.  We spent an entire day just running around getting all of the things that we needed for the weddings; like all the papers and documents.  I ended up having to pay for the wedding of the familia Mejia but he’s a taxi driver so he always gives us free rides now - haha.  But the baptism went really well and we ended up finishing this month with 15 baptisms with 3 families baptized which isn’t too bad.  And as a zone we tied to be Zona Celestial.  I think this could be the first time that Colon has been Zona Celestial.  On Saturday, the day of the baptism, we showed up at the church and the font was full of water but it was really dirty water and the drain was clogged.  So we spent about 30 minutes emptying the font with buckets - haha.  But it was a really good baptism and we have some great converts here. There are changes this week and my comp. does have a change.  Were in Tocoa right now.  I’ll be here until Thursday waiting for my new comp.  It’s always something really exciting to get a new comp.  You can always learn more from other missionaries.  We should have a pretty good month this next month too.  We have some really good investigators.  I think we´ll be able to baptize  6 to 8 more people.  We have about 5 to 6 investigators right now that are really interested.  So pray for them and we´ll find some others too this month.  I only have 40 pages left to read in the Book of Mormon so I should finish it in these next few days.  I just need to find some time - haha.

Well, it was really good to hear from you all.  I’m glad that everyone is doing fine and dandy.
I Miss and Love You All!!!
Con Amor
Elder Kapple
( PS the computer that I’m on doesn’t have a usb hook up so ill try to send some recordings and pictures from another computer if I can.)

No comments: