Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

 Pictures of the new apartment....







Hola como estan
espero que todo este bien

This week was good but the work is definitely a lot different here in Los Castanos (which I found out means chestnuts or a chestnut tree).  We spend a lot of time traveling to different areas in our area.  But we went to some different ones this week and found some people but the problem is that they’re pretty far away so it’s hard for the people to go to church.  But we did find some new people in these further out areas so hopefully we can still get them to come to church.  We taught this guy yesterday that was really cool.  He was into to the lesson and said that he really wants to learn more.  He lives close to our house.  I talk more about it in the recordings.  So this week was really crazy and I tell the entire story in the recordings, but yes -  it was just a crazy experience.  And because of the experience, I went on divisions with my zone leader and I learned a good lesson.  We went to teach a lesson #2.  But they just ended up asking a bunch of questions and we taught a really good lesson about what they need to do to receive a testimony and we ended up setting a date with them to get married and then baptized.  It was really cool and I learned a lot  - to just listen and follow the Spirit and teach to people’s needs.  So, we have some new rules with the internet so this might be short.  We can only be one hour on the internet.  We can only write family.  I think there are some different problems going on in the mission so that President Veirs is cracking down a little bit.  There are some missionaries with cell phones and other things so I think that’s why he is making some changes.

I hope everything is good back in good old Ogden and Virginia.
I love and miss you all!!!

Con amor,
Elder Kapple

No comments: