Honduras, San Pedro Sula Mission

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MTC Week 8

Hola family,

How is everything going.  So first I’ll tell you about this week.  On Tuesday Elder Pierson came.  He talked becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ.  It was really good.  I doubt we get an apostle tonight but we get one for Thanksgiving.  We got our TRAVAL PLANS.  We leave Monday. We were all so stoked but also so scared.

LV-slc @820
AR-dallas ft. worth tx 1210
LV                            210
AR- miami fl  550
LV-               720
AR San Pedro Sula, Honduras - 840 pm

It was crazy when we got them.  Everyone was freaking out and every one was super scared because we realized we somehow have to learn Spanish in a week.  So we’re still working on that one.  Pretty much other than that, nothing too special happened this week at the MTC. We pretty much do the same thing everyday.  It snowed here the other day just a little bit.  We love it when it snows.  Oh yes, in our travel group there are just 4 of us -- me, Hafen, Haws, and Berret; but Andrew and Ewell are with us until Florida.  They have a travel group of 11 people so that will be really nice to be with them on the flight and in the airport.
The MTC really has gone by pretty quick, it's crazy.  It wasn't the most fun at times, but it's all good.  Mom, thanks for all your motherly advice but don't worry, it's all taken care of.  My suits are at the dry cleaners and I get to do wash on Saturday again.   Saturday will be my last day to get mail and it closes at like noon on Saturday so I don’t think I get Dear Elder letters except maybe from the day before.
I wrote a few things down from your letters so hopefully I answered all your questions.  I think you asked about Sister Rodriguez.  She has a doctor’s appointment on Monday, the day we leave.  So hopefully she will get to leave on Tuesday but it just depends.  Thanks for the packages Mom.  They are awesome to get and the pictures of Lenna were really good.  I’ll try to send the stuff that I don’t need tomorrow but I don’t know if I’ll have time to pack it all up.  If not, I’ll send it on Saturday.  Oh, thanks for those rings Mom.  I’m wearing one right now.  It barely fits me, but the kids will love it.

Erika, thanks for the cookies, they were awesome.
KK and Todd- I just sent a letter today so hopfully you get it soon and good luck with the turkey.
Lizzy- thanks for the packages.  That cake was really good.  It was pretty much destroyed but it just tasted amazing.  I’ll send your stuff tomorrow.

No comments: